The primary purposes of this position is to assist in the planning, directing, coordinating and implementing appropriate and therapeutic resident activity programs.
This position reports to the Activities Director.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist residents going to and from activities. Transport residents to activities held away from the facility. Assist in the development/maintenance of a monthly activity calendar, facility newsletter and special needs lists (i.e., birthday, etc.). Develop special activities, display themes and decorations for holidays, birthdays and seasons. Assist in the development/maintenance of an active volunteer program for the facility. Assure activity programs for residents requiring one-on-one intervention. Encourage resident’s participation in activities. Involve residents, their families and the community in the facility’s activities. Ensure residents receive their daily mail. Recruit, organize, train and recognize staff for the activity program in the facility.
- Assist in the evaluation of each resident according to their backgrounds, activity interests, abilities, physical limitations and needs for activity programs. Record the attendance of residents at all activities. Maintain an up-to-date daily attendance chart on each resident. Perform on-going assessments on an individual resident basis to formulate specific activity plans. Document activity plans and progress notes as required by facility
Must possess specific educational and experience requirements such as:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge on the use of computers, e-mail accounts, software programs such as Word, Excel and minor office machines such as faxes and copiers.
Have a thorough understanding of the principles of the best Activities practices.
Must possess interpersonal skills such as:
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions, function independently and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action; personal integrity and the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, government agencies and personnel; the ability to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel; judgment in prioritizing the performance of tasks, duties and responsibilities in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures; the ability to be discrete and protect the integrity of confidential information and stay within Corporate Compliance and HIPPA; patience, a cheerful disposition, enthusiasm and a willingness to handle residents based on whatever maturity and physical level in which they are currently functioning; the ability to adhere to professional code of ethics; the ability to relate information concerning a resident’s condition to the appropriate staff members; and the ability to work Monday-Friday during normal business hours and the ability to take call and come in during off shifts as needed (i.e. weekends, midnights, and holidays).
Desired qualifications include:
- Previous experience in long-term care is preferred, but not required.
This facility considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This facility is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or if you need an accommodation with respect to any other aspect of the application process, please make your request known immediately.
780 Dickinson Road, Chesterton, IN 46304
Visit Addison Pointe Health & Rehabilitation Center Partner Profile