A business’s work culture is one of the most important aspects that can determine how a company runs, and few excel at creating a professional, but fun and dynamic, workplace like Overhead Door of Northwest Indiana! Through the years, they have built a reputation as one of the best places to work in the region, forming a professional and cooperative team that is helpful, and knows how to get the job done by working together.
For further proof of this, here are some employee testimonials that show just how much the technicians at Overhead Door love the work they do and the company they work for. Tom and Jim Cameron also share their appreciation for the hard works their techs do every day and what makes them so vital to the business.
“It’s just a great environment to work in. My boss is a great guy to work for, and I’ve come from other companies with issues; it’s just so much better here. It’s a good work environment, if there’s a problem, employees are encouraged to ask for help and the team works together to figure it out,” said Mike Walz, a technician at Overhead Door.
“This is a great place to work; it really is. I’ve taken basically the entire crew under my wings, and we’ve got very good comradery here. If somebody’s having a problem, we have no problem helping. Whoever it is will get two or three suggestions or ideas on how to solve the problems. We’re very interactive here. If someone has a question or they’re not sure about something, no one is afraid to say, ‘I don’t know,’” said Naillieux proudly, an experienced staple of the Merrillville shop.
“This is a great group of techs. I would put you up against any other company in America. You guys do a fantastic job, none of what we do would matter if we didn’t have you guys servicing customers and doing installs. It’s really heartfelt, and I really appreciate your work and contribution every day,” said Tom Cameron.
“The family atmosphere is what drew me here. Super Tech Day is great. Without these guys, we wouldn’t be here; it’s great to celebrate everything they do for us every day,” said Sales Coordinator Nathan Carrasquillo.
Currently, Overhead Door is looking for an experienced Commercial Overhead Door Technician, responsibilities and requirements include:
- Gathers materials for work order and loads and unloads materials on to truck and job site
- Installation of garage door(s) & operators according to standards and specifications of the work order
- Adapting of material as necessary to fit opening
- Responsible for completing time card daily and ensuring it is submitted on time
- Maintain all tools, materials, and lifts, etc.
- Responsible for completing paperwork per each job and providing it to production coordinator daily
- Observe job site safety rules and know the location of MSDS packets in your vehicle
- Maintains truck maintenance and completes truck inspections daily
- Responsible to comply with OSHA guidelines and company safety policies and procedures
- May be required to drive a company vehicle and must follow all driving safety rules and DOT requirements at all times
- Responsible for cleaning up job site after each job
- Other duties as assigned
- Respond to work assignments and tasks as directed by Manager/Call Center
- Review Work Order information for accuracy and completeness
- Maintain payment logs and collect payment per company procedures
- Pick-up inventory and ensure truck is (re)stocked with appropriate service material, including tools
- Inspect garage/entry doors, openers and related components; diagnose problems; replace or repair parts; install new doors; test and make adjustments; and document all recommended and completed repairs per company policy
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in the construction industry helpful
- Able to perform basic math skills
- Mechanically Inclined
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work independently or with a crew
- Able to work in a fast – paced environment
- Must maintain a Valid Driver’s License
- Position requires a Motor Vehicle Report to be completed, contingent upon employment.
- Able to consistently lift, push, kneel, crouch, reach while handling the tools necessary to install garage doors
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and use depth perception
- Works in a residential/commercial environment, these homes/building may be in new construction phases or can be occupied at the time of service
- Able to adapt to weather conditions
To apply, visit the Overhead Door NWI website.
7136 Broadway Merrillville, IN 46410
1272 HorsePrairie Ave. Valparaiso, IN 46385
Visit Overhead Door Company of Northwest Indiana Partner Profile