At Ideas in Motion Media, we are looking to expand our operations and grow our team. We are a lean, mean, good-news spreading machine, but as we continue to grow, we do need more talented individuals who know the web and can embrace a challenge to join our team.
We currently have several positions open, which you can click below and learn about each position, or share with someone you know who fits the bill. We are growing, and we think it is an exciting time to get in with a company like ours in this ever-changing media landscape.
Web Developer / IT Assistant
Involves working in many different areas, including:
- Developing custom functionalities for our websites
- Updating content
- Assisting with office IT
- At times this position involves updating content and addressing emergencies during evenings and weekends.
Client & Sales Coordinator
We are looking for talented, driven individuals to help us communicate who we are and what we offer with businesses that serve Northwest Indiana. We are looking for people who are:
- Hard working in attitude
- Aggressive in mentality and seeks and conquers challenges
- Engaging personalities who feel comfortable creating communication
- Self-starters who have goals above and beyond ours
- Gregarious when talking to new people
- Eager to get out and introduce the people and businesses of Northwest Indiana to ValpoLife, PortageLife, LaPorteCountyLife, and NWIndianaLife
Coverage Team Members
A Coverage Team member is someone engaged and enthusiastic with strong work ethic who is interested in sharing good news in their community. You will gain invaluable experience, connection within the community, and cover only good news while being the voice of the community.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Taking clear & engaged photos at assigned events
- Write clear and entertaining articles about positive events, people and happenings in Northwest Indiana
- Engage with people in the community, promote our four sites and serve as an ambassador for good news and our mission
- Be available to cover events throughout the week, on nights and weekends
- Respond well to constructive criticism
- Have effective communication with others
- Work tight deadlines
We are also looking to hire a nights-and-weekends Publishing and Dashboarding Editor in order to assist the team in editing and publishing content during evening and weekend work hours.
- Editing, posting stories for event coverage
- Provide constructive feedback geared toward developing writers and photographers to continued growth
- Social media monitoring and engagement
- Special projects involving implementing social media strategies
- Some data entry
- Proven experience learning new software tools
- HTML experience preferred, but not required
- Content Management System experience preferred, not required